I’m feeling very uninspired this week. While there are several inspirational fragments floating around in my brain, I am unable to coax any of them out and make a blog out of them yet. But there is always something to talk about, and while I’m sitting here at my desk, I thought I’d just share my list of 53.3 Great and Wonderful Things About Working At Home. Don’t panic. I have ADHD. There really won’t be 53.3 items on my list.
- Overslept? Late for work? What does that mean? Absolutely nothing.
- No clean clothes? Not a problem. I wasn’t planning on getting out of my pajamas today anyway.
- My plan for burning less gas on my commute to the office is to cut back on the chili dogs the night before.
- Traffic problems consist of both cats AND the dog walking in front of me in the hallway.
- Parking problems? Nuh-uh. Well, sometimes one of the cats is asleep in my chair.
- You know those times when you have to look busy when the boss comes around? I don’t have to do that.
- No one disturbs my lunchtime nap (except maybe the dog).
- There are no team building exercises. (There is no “team” in “I work at home”.)
- There are no safety meetings.
- Executive Retreats are held in a beach chair at the Outer Banks.
- The only time I have to worry about “downsizing” is when both cats are sitting in on my desk in front of both monitors.
- Casual Friday? Working on the laptop or iPad while sitting on my recliner while watching reruns of The Walking Dead?
- Flextime? Yeah. Got that.
- Surfing the internet actually IS part of my job.
- It’s 12:17. It’s time for lunch…or a trip to Target…or maybe Trader Joe’s.
No, really, it’s 12:17 and it’s time for lunch… or a trip to Target…or maybe Trader Joe’s.